Chrysler diagnostic programming service tool options: wiTech MicroPod 2, Foxwell NT520, Vident iLink400 etc. This post compares them in the aspects of price, language available, update, how to use, Chrysler car list and feedback etc.
- wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27
Price: $199 (Best quality clone one)
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 Language:
English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 Update:
When the newer software version is released, you will be given a link to download.
It is disallowed to update online.
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 car list:
Offers 100% CAN – equipped coverage to 2016 for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Fiat vehicle platforms.
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 functions:
Chrysler diagnostic tool…Yes
Chrysler programming tool…Yes
A separate Tech Authority Subscription is required to access to Module Re-Flash Programming, TSBs, wiring diagrams, and repair information.
DRB III emulator is supported…OK (Buy separately)
How to use wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27?
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 has to be installed on a windows computer and the diagnostic programming results display on the computer.
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 WIN 7 32 Bit installation and activation:
wiTech MicroPod 2 V17.04.27 review:
Just ordered a chinese clone MicroPod II and it has been working exactly like an OEM unit. No errors so far and tested functions on 3 different vehicles. It has been confirmed working with unmodified software wiTECH v17.03.10 (downloaded directly from Chrysler). For now it works fine.
I have tested Dodge also. I just used it on a 2014 dodge avenger just fine. I am able to flash a module update and program a new key with the unit.
I don’t have experience with Windows XP. This version of Witech works fine on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
I have also uploaded pictures of the internals for those who are curious.
- Foxwell NT520 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram diagnostic & service tool
Foxwell NT520 Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge diagnostic kit is a multi system package hitch has been designed to communicate with the main systems within your Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge such as SRS airbags, ABS Antilock Brakes, engine & transmission modules.
English, Français, Deutsch, Español, 日本語, Русский, Nederlands, Português, 한국어, Italiano, Svenska, ภาษาไทย
Free update on the official site for free lifetime after registration.
Foxwell NT520 Multi-System Scanner Software Authorization:US$70.00
Reset dashboard warning lights such as:
SRS airbag warning light
Check Engine warning light
ABS warning light
Traction warning light
Oil Service Reset
New Battery Reset
Electronic Parking Brake
Steering Angle Sensor
Foxwell NT520 Chrysler scanner has powerful functions:
- Internet Updates(USB)
- Read Trouble Codes
- Clear Trouble Codes
- Component Testing
- Datastream Graph Display
- O2 Sensor Test
- MIL status
- Reminding of DLC Location
- Readiness Monitor
- Read Current Pending Permanent DTCs
- Record & Replay Live Data
- On board Monitored Systems test
- Control of the on-board system
- Vehicle Information
- Buzzer Alarming
- Read Live Data
- Code Lookup Library
- Clear adaptation
- View Freeze Data
- Abbreviations Lookup
- ECU information
- View & Graph Live Data in Color Graphing and blazing fast refresh rate for better graphing and live data readings.
Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Vehicle coverage:
Town & Country Caravan
Foxwell NT520 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram function list
How to use Foxwell NT520 Chrysler scanner?
Foxwell NT520 comes with one car brand for free as default, it is allowed the user to add up to 5 car brands in total by paying extra money (70USD per car brand).
How To Register and Install Foxwell Scanner:
Foxwell NT520 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Diagnostic Tool feedback:
- Works just fine on my Jeep. It is actually a heck of a lot cheaper than some tools I was quoted for, some tools were over £1500. Crazy. This will do me nicely. Thanks.
- I had the ABS warning lights showing on the dashboard of my Chrysler. This tool was able to diagnose the fault, and when I fixed it the light had all turned off. Very nifty kit and well made. This will save me in the long run from taking to the garage every time.
- Absolutely sick of being taken to the cleaners by the local garages, I bought Foxwell nt520 in the hope it would save me some money as my local garage charges £75 just to hook it up (daylight roberry) anyway this tool arrived and have used it a couple of times already, and no mr rip off garage for me. Thankfully.
- Vident iLink400 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram diagnostic & service tool
Price: $139 free shipping
English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Hungarian and Thai.
Update on the official site free for 3 years.
OBDII diagnostic Functions:
Reads and clear codes
Reads/records / graphs live sensor data
Freeze frame data
Hot keys for quick access of data
Oil Light Reset
SAS(Steering Angle Sensor Calibration)
TPS/TBA(Throttle Body Alignment)
Bi-directional control tests
Control module coding
Other Service &Maintenance
PS: Generally speaking, Vident iLink400 can perform the above-mentioned service functions, but one car brand may vary from another one.
You’d better read: Vident iLink400 Chrysler function list
Vident iLink400 < Foxwell NT520 < Witech Micropod 2
Vident iLink400 & Foxwell NT520: handheld and easy to use
Witech Micropod 2: install on windows computer
Vident iLink400 & Foxwell NT520: update online
Witech Micropod 2: only when the newest software is available, can it be updated.